Saints Benedict and Gotthart of Hildesheim

1527
Stained glass window
Former Abbey Church of St. Maria in Auhausen, Germany
(now a Lutheran parish church)

The bishop on the right is identified as St. Gotthart of Hildesheim by the photographer. The flowers in his right hand are not seen elsewhere as an attribute of this saint.

St. Benedict, on the left with his crozier, holds the broken glass vessel that had held wine poisoned by his monks. The glass sits on a copy of the Benedictine Rule, to which Gotthart points with his left hand. Gotthart was notable for reviving observance of the Rule.

More of St. Gotthart
More of St. Benedict

Source: "GFreihalter" via Wikimedia Commons